Friday, January 22, 2010

Those Photos!

Kia ora,

 Well the NZ apathy to all aspects of security strikes again.

In publishing the photos of the Aghanistan incident not only do they put the soldiers under threat, but also their families.

Only someone divorced from the real world would believe that there are no Al Qaeda or Taliban sympathizers not here in NZ. But then there are a lot of people here in NZ divorced from reality full stop.

The Christchurch 'Press' for one should know better as they got a rocket from me for publishing an article which in part was about me when I first went to Iraq in 2004. It was pointed out to them that not only were they highly off the mark in their reporting, nearly lost me my contract, but also they put my family in danger as well as worrying them when they weren't before.

It would of being the same for the soldiers families. In particular once one of them at least was identified. Calls from the media when the whanau aren't even aware something is up is extremely upsetting.

In my case the chain of events had started when someone breahed the privacy act by using my details for a purpose for which they were not given.

It defies belief that after all that has happened over the last ten years, that the NZ media has not learnt one thing about personal security.

From the messages I have being seeing & getting there is a real sense of anger amongst the military & ex military community in NZ. Good on the ex Captain for taking the media to task this morning.

Time for NZ & the media here to get up to play with the real world.

Prince Williams security is compromised & it is treated as a joke.

Then this happens. As many an immigrant has said to me when discussing the security industry in NZ. "Lovely place, like the laid back lifestyle, but NZ lives in a bubble & one day soon it is going to get a wake up call.

Time for the country to wake up & grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment