Saturday, July 24, 2010

The world works in mysterious ways alright!

Kia Ora,

Well after my last blog thought there might be some comment about Intelligence(intel) as it is a much bigger topic than you can cover in a blog.

But to prove the world works in mysterious ways an email arrived which showed a lack on intel. But gives me some intel to work on.

Not sure the email is a scam but it points to possible scams & raises scam issues with domain names.

Shortly after I bought the domain name foxhoundsecurity.co.nz a scam appeared foxhoundsecuritycards but obviously someone didn't do their research & birthday or well wishes cards don't go with a security business, so it seemed to drop off the radar.

The email I have received stated that an entitiy had applied to buy a number of domains including .com connected to foxhoundsecurity.

Of course said I didn't know the entity applying & it didn't worry me as they couldn't use them to gain work in NZ.

Received a reply stating that there were three possibilities.

First they were a group buying up the domains to sell back to me. This is known as domaining & can be profitable.

The fact that someone is buying domains connected with my company name or trying to scam tells me that through these blogs & other social media the company is getting some traction even if it hasn't translated into much in the way of cash flow yet.

It also tells me they don't know my plans as well as they may think they do. Foxhound Security Ltd & my other company Red Diamond Security Services Ltd were only ever planned to be used in NZ.

As they come under NZ security law, that law & the new bill are totally inadequate for overseas work. In fact the new bill is only good for use as toilet paper as it goes backwards 40 years instead of forward 35-40.

The next claim is a competitor of mine here in NZ will use them to confuse people & impact on my companies.
NZ laws in regards this sort of behaviour can be quite severe if caught.

Also if another entity in NZ claims to be Foxhound Security Ltd they will likely be in breach of the companies act, but also the P.I. & S.G. act 1974. Although the act is not good from a security point of view it does protect any entity who has a licence (sole trader or company) as only one entity can work security in NZ under that name.

This I know because someone with a similar background set up a company as Red Diamond Security Ltd but never licensed it or the person who set up the company for them never checked that the name was already protected by me in the industry. It was the person who set it up we had to deal with & they were quite bolshie to deal with on the issue, even though I wished to talk to the person behind the company.

In the end it was dealt with by reporting it to the registrar.

Currently breach of this provision can result in a $2500 fine & more importantly a ban for five years of holding a license. The fine is due to rise.

I am often critical of the NZ Security Industry of not providing security, but one thing you can not acuse most of them of, in particular the big players, is not been good business people.

They would not risk loosing the ability to work in the industry over the potential my companies will come good in time. At present the businesses are just too small.

The third possibility they put forward was this foreign entity was going to use these names to trade off Foxhound Security Ltd's good name & use the system I have set up.

Well I think it is a good idea but it hasn't succeeded yet & no one really knows the full system, but myself. Though I did say they could invest in it if they wanted too, as it needs that or to grow at its own pace.

Of course there is a fourth possibility is the person who has contacted me & says Foxhound Security can dispute the issue of the domain names is looking for money to start that 'process'.

Still again as I say this intel tells me that the social media is starting to get the company name to be noticed. I am aware that for one search for a particular area of security service the company now comes up in the first page of google search.

http://www.foxhoundsecurity.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment