Thursday, July 15, 2010

Part 2 Solutions to our Crime Problems!

Kia Ora,

In the last wee while there have been a few discussions of how to curb our crime problem here in New Zealand.

Of course in the last few days that has grown with another attack on Police officers carrying out their duties.

One I have thrown in the pot is making the Auckland Islands a prison.

Of course the PC brigade would never allow it. But then they are out of touch with what works.

Several years ago there were many proposals of what to do with the old Addington Prison here in Christchurch.

The best I heard came from a former inmate. His idea was to leave it as it was then, slop buckets & all. Bring in a couple of old prison officers & a couple of old prisoners like him. Then every youngster caught out after midnight would get a night in there. Every young person committing crime would get a week in there.

They wouldn't touch them, but they would scare the shit out of them.

As he said "It won't stop everyone going bad as some you just can't change, but had someone done that to me I would not of gone to Paparua(prison)." That is someone who knows what is needed.

Another avenue that has to be looked at & not just given lip service is giving people coming out of prison a real chance.

That comes from a comment I received from a burglar I once caught & comments I have heard others have received in similar situations.

"Call the cops bro. At least in there I know where I stand. Came out with the intention of getting my life on track, but no one gives us a chance, especially those that go on about it. Best chances we get are from the cops."

He then went onto say that worst part about going back was having to listen to the do gooders say it was a result of his bad upbringing. "bro I know that but that is up to me to sort it out.
"
One of the issues raised in my last blog was hitting minor crime or suspicous activity, but last night is an example as to why it is not happening & why if it is left to the police they need better resources.

On the way home from a meeting last night I took the bus, as I headed back over a small walk way I found a chair at the bottom & a Sofa on top. Since it was too big for me to move & there was the issue of where to put it I rang police comms.

"Yes but have you seen someone lignt a fire or is that your thoughts?" "Its my Risk assessment."

Obviously the person I was talking too has not been watching the news for the last few years. Any police officer on the beat or security officer at an event can tell you when an old Sofa(couch) is carried somewhere, the only way it is leaving is after it has been burnt or removed by security/police.

So I expect that if left there the Sofa will be burnt & then the walk bridge will burn with it. All because police comms no longer have the knowledge to realize by reacting to these calls stops a crime further down the track.

http://www.foxhoundsecurity.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment